
I was so sad when I heard that Michael Jackson passed away. At first it made me angry to see all of these people that dissed him suddenly act like they really cared. So many people talked trash about him, or would say that I was nuts to like him so much and that he was nothing but a child molester. But the minute he passes away, people adore him. So truth be told...whether people want to believe it or not, their life has been impacted by Michael Jackson in one way or another, even if you don't realize it. The music that you all appreciate today wouldn't be as it is, without Michael's contributions to it. He made a huge impact on my life. I can remember dancing in the yard with my neighbor Jessica to Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean and Bad. And I also rememer dancing in the backyard with Tammy a neighbor of my Grammy's to Thriller. I also remember when "The Way You Make Me Feel" debuted on MTV. I was FASCINATED by Michael and Janet when they made Scream for the double disc gold album of HISTORY. It was the summer before my freshman year and I was taking P.E. I would rush home from class just to watch the MTV music vidoes to hopefully catch Scream and record in on my VHS. In fact, I remember my mom buying me the History album for my birthday and I begged to have it early b/c I couldn't wait until my birthday to play it. I ended up getting it and it's stillllllllll in my truck. I have more songs on my phone by Michael than anyone else except Def Leppard. I think they are tied. So with that said....I am gonna miss him. :(
P.S. Ive had MJ on my friends for awhile now....and this is the statement that his MySpace issued from Sony."Sony Music Entertainment expresses deep sadness and sorrow at the unexpected passing of Michael Jackson and extends wishes of sympathy and condolences to all of Michael's family, friends and fans around the world."





1 comment:
Although I am the first to admit that I could not understand his personal life and choice acts, I respect him as an amazing artist. I have had VH1 on most of the weekend as they are running a loop of his videos. My favorite MJ song is Man in the Mirror, but Thriller is the best video.
Post a Comment