
I love Spring. I love Summer even more, but I can't help but get that feeling that Spring is so good. It's a promise of new beginnings, and of new life. I love watching flowers bloom, and hearing springtime thunderstorms (which maybe we will have some tonight?). It's so cute to see a mother goose and her goslings out on the lake, and the robins putting together their nests so perfectly. I love our little baby chicks and our newest additions (Stewie and ?, our new baby ducks). I can't help but feel better. Last night I took my final for APHY and now I can officially say that I am taking a break from school until fall. I AM ECSTATIC! I think I am going to spend more time focusing on my health (which is hard to do). Definitely want to start eating right and getting out of the house! I'm ready to start running again and feeling like I am part of the human race! I've been so hulled up inside the house because of the cold, work, schoolwork, cakes etc. It will be so nice to have more time to focus on the family too.
Aside from this, another thing that Spring brings are animals/bugs/insects etc. I didn't miss the flies, spiders and ants that's for sure. But one thing I have never seen in my yard is a SNAKE! Chad was hanging my hummingbird feeder last week and found a HUGE gardner snake. I had seen a couple of these when I was younger, but they really weren't that big. This one however was just shy of three feet! You could tell he had eaten not too long before because he had a nice bulge mid-way down his body. Ick. I really wasn't thrilled to see that. It gives me the shivers just thinking about it now! Chad ended up walking the snake down to the big garden and letting him go; however I was wishing he would have let it go in another county. Oh well.
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying all the blessings that Spring has to offer. I can't wait until the looooong summer days!





No comments:
Post a Comment