Well, today was Ethan's first day of school. He is now in the FIRST grade! I can hardly believe it. I know it sounds cliche but it really does seem just yesterday that he made his appearance into the world. I remember the first time I saw him. He was so cute and sweet. The nurse was cleaning him up and he wasn't crying at all. Ethan was always the better behaved out of the two. My daughter Natalie it seems is quite the drama queen. But we'll get to that at a later time.
As I was saying, Ethan made it thought his first day. It was so sweet to watch him jump out of the truck and run into the school. This is so different from last year it isn't even funny. Last year was horrible on both him and me. I cried nearly every day for at LEAST a month. It's very hard to go from the adjustment of having your firstborn home with you and then suddenly they are gone. ALL DAY. Even though Natalie was now born, it wasn't the same. Ethan cried a lot during the beginning of the Kindergarten year. The thought crossed my mind that he might possibly cry today, but he proved me wrong. After school was over he came bouncing out of the school doors, jumped into the truck and told me all about his day. I found out that he did everything from spelling and reading to recess and what he had for lunch. He proudly proclaimed that he had chicken nuggets with ketchup, peaches, mandarin oranges, corn and chocolate milk to eat. WOW. I never usually get the whole lunch menu out of him. He was very willing to share his day with me and I loved it. We shared a book before he went to bed. I made him read it to me, which he doesn't like as much but it's good for him to try to figure out the words and sound them out. He did really well!
Well, it's getting late and I have to be up in just under six hourse. I am kind of crabby if I don't get my sleep so off to bed I head. Thanks for reading!
Oh, and BTW, if you leave me a comment please let me know who you are. It will come up anonymous and then I can't answer you!
Yesterday





No comments:
Post a Comment